Monday, November 14, 2005

Fortunate


It’s remarkable how inside this urban sprawl
you can still find a piece of wilderness hiding.
We went for a hike with sun and the smell chaparral surrounding us.
We talked about politics, work, and incompatible partners.

So many things that go wrong, but it didn’t matter.
So much was still going right.
I wanted to say more.
I wanted to express my gratitude for my good fortune.
I wanted to keep the feeling that this life is an amazing thing.

We looked with admiration at each other.
Once we had shared our lives and traveled on the same paths.
Once we had hoped that our futures would be together.

We looked with admiration at each other...
hugged goodbye and contently went back to our separate lives.
Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.