Saturday, October 29, 2005

Strength



Sincerely the sky outside is soft
I open the windows and peer out
And I thank you for the moments when we were alive

Those feelings of being so brand new
Closing my eyes and enjoying the warmth
I had the found one I had waited for

She said maybe you went too quickly
He said maybe there was something cruel in there from the start
She said it probably never was really worth it

It ended poorly but I am stronger than I have ever been
Without you there is a hole in my world
Without you I feel strength rebuilding inside of me

Those words that came out of your mouth did not hurt
They made me sad knowing I had misjudged you
I thought you were different

The magic you had cast upon my heart has lost its power
I know the fires have extinguished
And so I rearrange my words, my mind, and reclaim my smile

I detach from past and look to the possibilities
Hit reset, turn over the page,
Put it all behind me and begin again
Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.