Sunday, October 02, 2005

Still a Chance



I always left the door cracked open
It was enough to give the appearance that the door was closed
There was still a chance you might get lost I find your way to my door
Confused and disoriented you would enter into this strange world
Recognize it as part of your own
Just shuffled and reorganized
But you knew underneath it was the same.

It became a myth, a fantasy, a delusion
I was becoming an adult, and adults let go of childish dreams.
I started closing the door for real
Locking it behind me as I left their world and entered mine.

But at random moments, I would venture out into cool night.
I would smile as I looked laughably for you knowing you would not be found.
The door was open and the breeze blew in as well as creatures that buzz in the night.
I became calm and studied, I knew that dreams were constructions and we made them.
Every single one was part of a remembered past jumbled with desire and regurgitated.

I must have gotten careless with throwing away dreams.
Because you found it on the ground and brought back to me
Yet it isn’t the same anymore
The colors are rich and infused with scent
The sounds are alive in orchestral force

I never knew you had a key
But it was timing that made all the difference
Too early was as bad as too late
The door locks change and the keys melt away

Even in face of such obstacles the impossible happened
And the lines between the dream and you have become vague.
Now that you are here I see that maybe I was wrong
The dream was too small; it did not encompass all that you are
Then, maybe it was not a dream but a premonition.
Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.