Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Resolve



It is a surprise to see you here.
I did not think I would see you anymore.
I was moving forward without looking back.
Found all the reasons I needed to leave you there.

Pride fights addiction.
Fear fights desire.
And yet it so good to see you.
I can still feel your smile.
Tender and soft.

You know, I read your letters.
Thought through each word you wrote.
Without the context they implied a thousand different things.
I could put a million meanings behind them.
But in the end, I hadn’t heard from you in so long.

Part me of went underwater and silent,
I swam forward and free,
but still it didn’t change.
I see you and my resolve diminishes
Until it is gone.
I see you and I feel warm,
I smile.
Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.